Tuesday 13 August 2013

A day of Christenings

Sometimes the phone rings and I am asked for commissions which I am more than happy to do - this week strangely I have been asked for four Christening cards which is most unusual - must be the season..!!

I do struggle with all things baby and especially Christenings - maybe for me it's because I just cannot find decent artwork to use - it's either clip art in style or photographic - neither of which appeals to my customers - so there is a definite gap in the market for superb baby themed source material.

I have added three photographs below together with a brief recipe for each - feel free to use the design as a whole or in part within your project...I am more than happy to share - just please do not claim my photographs as your own work.

Thanks for visiting - come back soon for lots more.

The fairies are coming!!!


 This card is made by embossing Crafters Companion Centura Pearl cardstock in an A4 embossing folder by the same company. Affix patterned pink backing paper to an A5 card blank and attach the embossed card. Add a couple of peel off corners to the top as shown. The topper and sentiment and ribbon strip are from a Kanban set - sadly this company are no longer with us.
The Cross is set onto a couple of Spellbinder die cut circles using foam pads for dimension - add a little bit of ribbon before sticking to the card blank.
I used a Tonic punch from one of the Petal Pair sets to cut some small pink flowers which I have glued on with a Quickie glue pen - it helps to break up the expanse of white card.  
 This is a specific commission as it has the name of the Baby added - I used a sheet of backing paper from a Forever Friends free set of papers from a magazine - the brief was Yellow and lots of it. The largest Lattice Frame is a Marianne die and one of my favourites - topped with two Spellbinder Labels 6. The topper is made from a My Craft Studio image with text added.
The 'Congratulations' wording is a Brittania die - the baby's name is cut from a Memory box die - the large upper case Parker Alphabet - again one of my favourites as it cuts so well.
I added a gem to the centre of the cross and finished off the card with two lengths of ribbon tied around the spine of the card - the ribbon is in two different widths so it looks layered and really pretty.
  A stamped card to finish - I used an A5 white card  blank and added a sheet of backing paper again from a set of freebie Forever Friend papers. To that I added a sheet of white card embossed in an A4 folder from Crafter's Companion. I added large peel off corners as shown. I cut a ribbon strip using a Martha Stewart border punch and decorate it with glitter peel offs. The wording is from a very old Kanban paper kit.
The stamp is a really pretty Lily of the Valley rubber stamp which I just highlighted with a Sakura pink glaze pen - this topper is mounted onto two Spellbinder circles - one plain and one scalloped.
Lastly I added a ribbon bow to finish.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful cards, love the designs and colours. Chris xxtomfou 28

JULIET11@gmal,com said...

juliet said it is a lovley card

MaxQueza117 said...

When you feel incredibly eager you gorge and want for sustenance and that will make you take in a ton of pointless calories. So its by a wide margin better to simply eat little suppers times in multi day as opposed to eating a ton twice inside the day. http://www.solutionfact.com